Entertainment | 22 Jul 2015 | By Sun International
Toni Braxton and Babyface Live in SA
Don’t miss out on the Toni Braxton and Babyface Concert in South Africa. It’s the first time that the long-time collaborators will be performing together in Africa, and word on the street is they’ll be treating fans to a collection of their classic 90s romantic hits. (Think Un-Break My Heart and Another Sad Love Song, the tunes that you played on repeat after your bad break-up).
While their solo careers are prolific, when Toni Braxton, the “Queen of R&B” and Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds joined forces on the album Love, Marriage & Divorce, the world stood up and took notice. Not only did the album score the Grammy nod for Best R&B, but it was South Africa’s highest-seller in 2014 too. Which is why you can’t miss the Tony Braxton and Babyface concert in South Africa!
Here’s everything you need to know about the legendary duo, and why you need to get your hands on tickets for the Toni Braxton and Babyface concert in Cape Town:
- Their combined solo careers include over 75 million album sales and 18 Grammy Awards. Seven of those Grammy wins are Braxton’s.
- They first teamed up in 1992, singing Give You My Heart. Do yourself a favour and watch the video – you’ll be longing for a sexy 90s tube dress in no time. Actually, get your hands on one and wear it to the Tony Braxton and Babyface concert in Cape Town.
- Babyface has written and produced over 26 chart-topping R&B hits throughout his career, including Boyz II Men’s End of the Road and I’ll Make Love to You. He’s also produced hits for the likes of Whitney Houston, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Eric Clapton, Mary J. Blige and Michael Jackson.
- Babyface has received numerous awards, including Soul Train Music Awards, BMI Awards, NAACP Image Awards and American Music Awards.
- Among her achievements, Toni Braxton has received nine Billboard Music Awards and seven American Music Awards. She was also inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.
- Braxton and Babyface paired up on the album Love, Marriage & Divorce to share their experiences on love and heartbreak.
- Love, Marriage & Divorce includes the smash-hit single Hurt You as well as Where Did We Go Wrong.
- The album is Babyface’s first new studio album in nearly seven years and Toni’s first new album since 2010.
- Of the collaboration, Toni Braxton said: “I think because Babyface and I have both gone through divorces, we can relate and we can collaborate together on this topic and make it so others who have gone through this situation can relate.”
- Besides performing hits from their latest album, they’ll be performing their own solo shows during the Toni Braxton and Babyface concert in South Africa too, meaning you get three times the thrills for the price of one ticket.
- Fun fact: In 1999, a 40-kilometre stretch of Interstate 65, which runs through Indianapolis, was renamed the Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds Highway.
The duo will kick off their South African tour in Durban, and then head to GrandWest’s Grand Arena in Cape Town on 1 September 2015, before the final Toni Braxton and Babyface concert in South Africa takes place in Johannesburg.
Need tickets for the Toni Braxton and Babyface concert in Cape Town? Get them here.
Toni Braxton and Babyface concert in Cape Town:
1 September 2015| Grand Arena, GrandWest | Tickets start at R450
Have you got tickets yet for the Toni Braxton and Babyface tour yet? Tweet us and let us know which songs you’re hoping will be on the playlist.