Sun City Resort
Betterball teams. Two days. Two championship golf courses.
Following the success of the inaugural Corporate Masters Golf Tournament, Sun International, together with SEACOM, is proud to present the 2018 edition of this exciting golf tournament.
Are you ready to compete?
Taking place from 5 - 8 August 2018, the Corporate Masters Golf Tournament invites corporate teams of two or four to come together for two days of great golfing and world-class entertainment at Sun City. Play on two of South Africa's most iconic golf courses – the Gary Player Country Club and the Lost City Golf Course to compete in a betterball stableford competition with great prizes up for grabs.
The Corporate Masters Tournament will feature a maximum of 100 betterball teams, each consisting of two amateurs who are required to have an official handicap. Companies may enter as many betterball teams as they wish. If you enter a four ball team, however, your teams will still play in the betterball stableford format over 36 holes. A combined betterball stableford score over two days will determine the Corporate Masters champions. The closing date for entry into the Corporate Masters Golf Tournament is 20 July 2018. Space is limited so get your entry in!
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
- Best Dressed Corporate Team
- Nearest To The Pin
- Longest Drive
- Daily team prizes
- Overall prizes
- Blue Jacket Ceremony for the 2018 Corporate Masters Champions
The first draw will take place on Sunday, 5 August, and the mixed draw will take place on Monday, 6 August.
Enter today and book your stay! Spend three nights at Sun City and enjoy world-class golfing during the day complemented by a host of dining and entertainment experiences when the nine irons and putters are packed away.
Golfer Sharing Package*: R9 500
Golfer Single Package*: R12 500
Non-golfer Sharing Package*: R6 500
All Corporate Masters Tournament packages include:
- 3 nights accommodation at Soho hotel (includes bed and breakfast)
- 3 dinners: Welcome Function, Party Night and Awards Ceremony
- 1 round of tournament golf at the Gary Player Country Club including Halfway House (strictly walking course only)
- 1 round of tournament golf at the Lost City Golf Course including Halfway House and Golf Cart
- Commemorative gift
- Loads of exciting prizes
- Great entertainment
*Packages are inclusive of 15% VAT
Corporate Masters 2017
Last year saw multiple European Tour winner George Coetzee get in on the action, as he joined the Core Vision EMEA team for the Corporate Masters Golf Tournament. And, if you’re trying to justify the time out the office, just hear these words from Coetzee and put it down to 'networking':
“Golf has always been a great platform to connect in the business world. I’ve always felt that even if I had to stop playing golf now, which is not the plan, I’ve met enough influential business people to maybe get a job at a serious company one day. In this sense, golf has given me the opportunity to look beyond the golfing world.”
What you can expect?
With 30 companies and 120 players taking part in 2017, this year is looking to be just as popular so, if your company wants to secure a spot, now is the time to get your entry in to secure your spot.
As soon as the clubs and putters are down, participants can enjoy a world of culinary delights, as well as unrivalled entertainment right on their doorstep.
Rob Collins, chief strategy and operations officer of Sun International sums it up: “In my opinion, Sun City has to be the number one golf experience in the country.”
- Format of Play
- The Format of the Corporate Masters is a betterball stableford competition over 36 holes. A combined betterball stableford score over two days will determine the Corporate Masters Champions. Each team will play the Gary Player CC and the Lost City GC.
- Companies may enter as many betterball teams as they wish. Companies may enter a four ball, however, will still play in the betterball stableford format.
- The Draw
- The draw will be determined on the number of teams entered and will be made available 24 hours before tee off and at the Tournament managements discretion.
- Day two draw will be a mixed draw at the discretion of the tournament directors. This draw will only be available on the night of the final day.
- All teams are required to arrive on the 5 August for the Tournament briefing, rules and registration, followed by a cocktail function.
- Golfers are required to register 45 minutes prior to their tee at the respective course on each day.
- All golfers require an official handicap to enter the Corporate Masters. Upon entry, golfers are required to produce their SAGA ID Number, Home course and official handicap. Should a player have an international handicap, he must supply proof of handicap from his official National registered Golf Association/Club.
- Tournament management has the right to check all golfers' handicaps prior and during the tournament.
- At the tournament management's discretion, we have the right to adjust, query a golfer's handicap, should they feel the need to do so.
- The South African Golfers Association (SAGA) recognizes the Corporate Masters, and we are required to abide by the rules of golf set out herein.
- ScoreCapture will be providing the live scoring for both days. It is compulsory to enter the scores on the device after completion of each hole. One device per four ball.
- Each match are required to hand in two scorecards after their round with two signatures. Score recording area will be clearly marked at each golf club.
- Golfers will compete each day on their applicable handicap and are obliged to enter their scores on the National Handicap System (HNA).
- Handicaps will be fixed for the duration of the tournament.
- Tee Boxes
- All players are required to tee off from the Corporate Masters tee markers.
- Lady golfers will tee off from the light green tees.
- No Forward Tees.
- Caddies and Spotters
- Each player on the Gary Player Country Club will be allocated a caddie - The Gary Player Country Club is strictly a walking course only. Should a golfer require a golf cart for medical reasons, the golfer should produce a medical certificate and the allocation of the cart is subject to the final decision of the tournament directors. NB Playing Partners or other golfers may not make use of this cart.
- One golf cart per betterball team will be allocated on the Lost City Golf Course, with one caddie/ spotter per team – (2 Caddies per 4 ball)
- The package includes caddies as set out above. Should you wish to tip your caddy/spotter will be at your own discretion after the round.
- Betterball Stableford: Day 1.
- Each Company four-ball comprises of two pre-determined betterball teams
- Each two-ball team will represent their company in a betterball stableford format.
- 36 Holes betterball stableford scoring. The combined betterball scores over two days will determine the Corporate Master Champions.
- All golfers MUST complete each hole on both days until such time they are unable to score any points. "NO GIMMIES" permitted. Pick your ball if you are unable to contribute to the team score.
- Betterball Stableford: Day 2.
- Betterball teams will be subject to a mixed draw for day two on the alternate course. Day two betterball scores will be added to day one betterball scores for the overall winners.
- Results on a count out
- Betterball Stableford Count out rules
- Rule 1: The lowest combined handicaps, if there is still no result then;
- Rule 2: The best back 9 holes (10th – 18th Hole), if there is still no result then
- Rule: Tournament Committees decision
- Betterball Stableford Count out rules
- Betterball Stableford: Day 1.
- Champion awards
- The Corporate Masters Champions will be invited by Sun International to participate in the Pro Am at The Nedbank Golf Challenge Pro-Am hosted by Gary Player.
- General Rules of the Corporate Masters
- All local rules will apply as stipulated at the relevant golf course. Each course may have its own set of rules due to its layout. Local rules will be available during the event handed out to each player at registration.
- The 'Rules of Golf', as approved by the South African Golfers Association (SAGA), apply. The Corporate Masters is in accordance with the rules of Golf as approved by the R & A Rules Limited and the South African Golfers Association.
- Should a player be substituted; it is the responsibility of the team to notify the tournament managers of the substitution prior to the tournament starting. The substitute MUST abide by the rules set out for the tournament and shall fulfill the same criteria as the rest of the field. Substitution may not accepted during the course of play or the tournament. Should a player be substituted for any reason whatsoever, that team will be unable to compete for the main prize, but are eligible to win daily prizes.
- A participant can only be a member of ONE Team, which lasts for the duration of the Competition
- Team members may assist each other with putting lines etc.
- When a player and a marker do not agree upon a rule he/she may play a second ball until a referee can resolve the dispute. Should a referee be unavailable at the time of dispute, continue with the decision and resolve the dispute after the round before signing your scorecard.
- All entrants must familiarize themselves with the rules set out.
- Sun City's Professional Rule Executives will be onsite at all times. This Committee will deal with any rule / other queries. These Executives will also convene as the tournament rules committee. This committee is chaired by the Sun City Director of Golf.
- Limits for Touring Professional golfers and Club Pro's:
- The PGA rules will apply:
- Professional Tour players, as defined in section 3.21 of SAGA rules, are to play off a +6 handicap when competing with amateurs in a competition where the club/ tournament concerned has permitted the professional's participation.
- PGA Professionals are permitted to play off a scratch handicap.
- Specialty prizes such as; longest drive, nearest the pin competitions may not be awarded to either Touring Professionals or PGA Professionals.