Social Media Competition
Terms & Conditions
- Entry into promotional competitions will be deemed acceptance of these rules, terms and conditions as stipulated by Sun International Management Limited (“the Promoter”).
- Participants must be 18 years and older to qualify for participation in promotional competitions.
- Winners will be notified via specific channel via the promotional competition is hosted. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to notify the winner, however, in the event that the Promoter is unable to contact with winner within at least 12/24 depending on prize dates of the random selection which was used to select the winner, then a new winner shall be selected.
- The promotional competition is exclusive to South African residents only and is closed to any persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the company or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members. In addition, all Sun International employees are precluded from participation in the promotional competition.
- If the promotional competition or the prize offered by Sun International is gambling-related, then participants must be at least 18 years old. In such circumstances, excluded persons (i.e. self-excluded persons, persons refused access, or any other category of excluded persons are prohibited by participation.
- Entry to the promotional competition is free. Participants can enter as many times as possible.
- The promoter reserves the right to request such documents as it may deem necessary in order to verify the identity of the participant.
- Entries will be considered incomplete and thus disqualified if the participant does not provide all required information including, but not limited to, name and surname, telephone number and email address.
- The prize winner(s) will selected by either a random draw or meeting the winning criteria first, after the closing date. Prize winners will be notified by Sun International using the appropriate personal details of the persons concerned which it has on record. Also Sun International reserves the right to publish the name(s), surname(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s) and the winner(s) consents to such publication.
- Prize(s) are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash unless other advertised.
- By virtue of participation, participants consent to the promoter obtaining, processing and retaining their personal information (Protected Personal Information), which may include the involvement of the promoter’s third party agent. Also, participants consent to the promoter retaining their personal information for as long as is necessary to further the legitimate business interests of the promoter and that the promoter may take reasonable steps to update or destroy such information.
- Participants accept that Sun International takes reasonable and practical steps to safeguard Protected Personal Information in its possession. In addition, it is possible for errors or malfunctions to occur. To the fullest extent permissible by law, participants hereby indemnify and holds harmless Sun International, its employees and agents against any liability, damages and/or legal action whatsoever and howsoever arising, including negligence on the part of Sun International, its employees or agents and Sun International shall not accept liability for any damages or any type of loss suffered by participants who enter this promotional competition.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the promotional competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that Sun International makes any indulgence or deviation of these terms and conditions in favour of participants, then such indulgence or deviation shall not be misconstrued to be a breach or waiver of these terms and conditions or any rights of Sun International.
- The above clauses are severable from each other. In the event that any clause or part thereof is unenforceable in law, then that clause or part thereof shall be severed from these terms and conditions, and the surviving clauses and parts thereof shall remain in force.