Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions, and Privacy Notice, carefully before using the Sun International Websites and Mobile Applications (collectively referred to as the “Sites”). The content of the Sites is provided for information purposes only. By using the Sites, users will be bound by these terms and conditions, and the Privacy Notice, and furthermore agree to abide by them. These terms and conditions are applicable to all Sites within the Sun International group of companies (i.e. Sun International Limited).
- The content of the Sites is protected by copyright laws and may not be copied or distributed without the prior written consent of Sun International.
- Content provided through the Sites and newsletters do not give warranties of any kind. Misprints, errors, or mistakes are possible. In such instances, Sun International reserves the right to correct such occurrences without prior notice and without accepting liability flowing from the same.
- If users do not agree to the terms, conditions and Privacy Notice, they are not permitted to use the Sites, or any information contained therein. Such users must exit the Site(s) immediately.
- Newsletters and correspondence will be sent to the email address or other address provided. Recipients may unsubscribe for newsletters at any time.
- Amendments to content on Site(s) and newsletters are possible and may occur without prior notice. Notwithstanding the afore-going, Sun International does not make any commitment to update such content.
- Online bookings will be secured when a credit card payment for the first night of accommodation is made in full. This payment will be considered the deposit (“the deposit”).
- Booking cancellations for Sun Vacation Club and all hotels outside of Sun City’s precinct needs to be made at least 7 days prior to arrival. Cancellations for hotels within Sun City’s precinct must be made at least 48 hours prior to arrival with the exception that such cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to arrival during advertised peak periods.
- In the event that cancellations are not made as set out above, the deposit, together with all ancillary charges and taxes related thereto, will be forfeited.
- Certain Sun International Hotels may require payment on arrival. All major credit cards and cash will be accepted.
- The person making the reservation accepts liability for any damages caused to the hotel regardless of whether such damage was caused intentionally or through negligence. Sun International may, in its sole and absolute discretion, confirm a booking in writing. The duty to confirm bookings rests with the person making the booking.
- Bookings may only be made by persons who are at least 18 years of age. Persons under the age of 18 must contact the hotel directly. In instances where persons under 18 years of age make bookings, their parents or legal guardian will be held responsible for charges related to the booking.
- Accommodation may not be transferred and/or sold to any third party without the prior written consent of the Hotel.
- The rate of accommodation may change from time to time and the rate quoted in respect of an on-line booking is the rate that was available at the date and time of the online booking or at the rate agreed with the customer.
- Different rates to the initial online booking may apply to extended stays. Should the reservation period be reduced, then the rate applicable to such shorter period may, at the hotel's discretion, be different to the rate quoted for the initial on-line booking.
- Sun International may impose a minimum number of days and rooms for accommodation booked over certain periods at its sole discretion. Also, the rates applicable during the affected periods may change without prior notice. Payments for online reservations of associations and groups must be made in full for the entire booking by way of a credit card.
- Bookings made by travel agents and tour operators must be paid in full by way of a credit card.
- The terms and conditions relevant to Free Individual Traveller reservations as set out in the Sun International agreement will prevail in respect of such reservations when processed online.
- Check in is from 14H00 and check out is at 11H00. Late check out is subject to room availability and a surcharge.
- Positive identification in the form of a passport, driver's license or identity book will be required at check in. The Sites may from time to time be subject to routine enhancements, maintenance and upgrades without prior notice.
- When using the mobile application (“App”) users are responsible for providing, at their own expense, all necessary equipment, internet connectivity, service plans etc. that are necessary to access and use the App.
- Users agree that (a) their network service providers or other third parties may charge fees for data transmission resulting from access and use of the App and, (b) the App may automatically download and install updates and additional features from time to time.
- If push notifications are accepted by users or remain in an opt-in status (whichever is applicable), users will receive notifications via the App. Push notifications may be disabled on the user’s device settings.
- In instances where access location is required to operate the App, users agree to Sun International and its agents having access to their location and give consent for their location to be used for research, analysis, and statistical purposes. Users accept to comply with the terms and conditions that are applicable to any offers made by Sun International or any third parties.
- Users accept the sole responsibility to protect their usernames and passwords and agree to not permit other persons to utilize the App through their access permissions. The user is solely responsible for activities conducted through the App and any costs associated thereto.
- Gift vouchers that are purchased for any consideration will be valid for 36 months from date of issue and are subject to these terms and conditions in addition to the terms and conditions as stipulated on the relevant voucher. The gift vouchers are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of consideration.
- Gift vouchers cannot be cancelled.
- Gift vouchers can only be used once. In case of partial redemption, the amount remaining will not be refunded.
- Gift vouchers are redeemable for accommodation at the Sun International property(s) specified on the voucher. Gift vouchers must be strictly redeemed via the Sites and cannot be used in conjunction with other Sun MVG benefits, promotional offers, discounts or campaigns, unless the combined use in conjunction with other Sun MVG benefits, promotional offers, discounts or campaigns are expressly specified on the gift voucher.
- Standard room rates that prevail at the time of booking will apply. Also, the number of rooms that may be booked with the gift voucher are subject to availability. Restrictions may apply during peak or special event periods at the sole discretion of Sun International without prior notice. Booking costs exceeding the value of the gift voucher must be paid directly to the respective hotel in cash or by debit/credit card to secure the booking.
- Lost or expired gift vouchers will not be replaced or re-issued, and any alterations made to this voucher will render it void. Gift vouchers may be requested by the hotel during check in. Copies of gift vouchers will not be accepted.
- The terms and conditions, and cancellation policy of the respective hotel will apply.
- Sun International reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to terminate promotional offers and promotional vouchers without prior notice.
- These terms, conditions, Privacy Notice and all transactions concluded on the Sites are governed by South African law. By using the Sites users consent to the jurisdiction of the South African courts or any other South African tribunal to resolve disputes which may arise from using the Sites or bookings made at Sun International hotels.
- Users accept that Sun International takes reasonable and practical steps to safeguard Protected Personal Information in its possession. To the fullest extent permissible by law, users hereby indemnify and holds harmless Sun International, its employees and agents against any liability, damages and/or legal action whatsoever and howsoever arising, including negligence on the part of Sun International, its employees or agents and Sun International shall not accept liability for any damages or any type of loss suffered by Sun International customers when utilizing the services of the Sites and Third Party Sites.
- These terms and conditions are severable from each other. Should any term or condition be found unenforceable in law whether in part or whole, then such term or condition or part thereof will be severed from these terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions or portions thereof will remain in force.
- No indulgence or waiver of these terms and conditions by Sun International will constitute any waiver of the rights of Sun International.
Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using this website.
The material and information contained in this site is provided by Sun International, its subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities as a service to its customers and may be used for information purposes only. By using this site, you, the user are bound by the following terms and agree to abide by them:
Sun International Hotels and Resorts provide a unique experience as each resort and hotel is appropriately styled to complement its environment and bring adventure to every guest who ventures to Africa.
- This site contains the Sun International, Most Valued Guest and other valuable trademarks owned and used by Sun International to distinguish its services and products. These trademarks and related properties are protected from copying and simulation under national and international law and may not be reproduced, copied or otherwise used without the express prior written permission of Sun International.
- The information, text, graphics, images, sounds, links and all other information and software published or otherwise contained on this site are the exclusive property of Sun International and, except as specifically provided for herein, may not be copied, distributed, displayed, reproduced or transmitted, in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Sun International.
- The capabilities of this site and the information contained herein is without any warranty of its performance, accuracy, completeness, merchantability, good and workmanlike service or fitness for any particular purpose, and the user of such information agrees to waive any and all warranties with respect to same. Access to this site and use of the information contained herein and/or the use of a credit card or other debit device or the creation of any liability or obligation in connection with the access to or use of the site is at the user's sole risk. By proceeding to access and/or use this site and the information contained beyond this page, the user hereby acknowledges and agrees to the terms of usage set forth herein, assumes all risk of such usage and hereby waives any and all liabilities and damages which may arise out of or is in any way connected with the user's access to or use of the information.
- Sun International, their Directors, Offices, Employees, Representatives and Agents, are not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever to any user howsoever arising.
- In the event you do not agree to the foregoing terms of usage, you are not authorized to access or use the information contained in the site and you must exit from this site with immediate effect. Please note that users who choose to send Internet E-Mail messages to Sun International do so entirely at their own risk.
Online Bookings: Terms & Conditions
Should you believe that we have not adhered to this policy, please contact us so we may pursue the matter to satisfactory conclusion, within commercially reasonable parameters.
It has come to our attention that fraudulent emails bearing Sun International's name and/or trademarks are currently in circulation. Please be advised that Sun International is in no manner or form associated with such fraudulent emails pertaining to a "Sun International Lottery". Sun International will not be liable for any loss, harm or damage that may emanate from receipt of such fraudulent emails. If you are in any doubt regarding the authenticity of any email claiming to be from Sun International, we encourage you to contact Sun International by email, in order to verify the authenticity of such email.