Sun Vacation Club Reservations
Quick Booking Guide
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING
Booking and reservation procedures change depending on your membership type and the week you wish to book.
- Contact Sun International Central Reservations (CRO) at +27 11 780 7800, or
- Fax request to +27 11 780 7443, or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote your Sun International Sun Vacation Club Member number.
Flexi members: request the resort and dates you wish to occupy.
RESERVATION RULES – GENERAL
- The onus is on the member to contact Sun Vacation Club timeously (i.e. within their occupation cycle) to either make a reservation or space bank their unused timeshare. Should a member not utilise their timeshare module (s) within their anniversary period (i.e. prior to their anniversary expiry date), their will forfeit their time.
- No reservations may be made in excess of 12 months in advance of the date on which the reservation is requested (a specific time module may be used only once in any particular anniversary year). If a members levy account is in arrears it will be blocked from making a reservation.
- Unit numbers are allocated by resort management prior to arrival. Members may request specific units with central reservations directly & confirm the request with the resorts.
- To secure a full week the member must have acquired both a mid-week and a weekend membership.
- The number of modules acquired by a member determines the number of units that may be used during a particular anniversary year.
- Flexi modules will be reserved through Sun International Central Reservations on a first come first served basis, without any preferential bias.
- Members may transfer the use of their reserved module/s to other named persons. The relevant section of the confirmation letter must then be completed. Entry at the relevant resort gate will only be allowed on presentation of this confirmation letter. The member remains liable for any damage caused by such member's guest(s).
- Club members will only be able to reserve within the parameters of the particular module type/s held, i.e. weekend and midweek.
- Should members use less than the day's to which they are entitled, no credit will be carried over and the full subscription fee remains due.
- No rental pool facility for the members will be provided by Sun International.
- Flexi members only may change their reservation dates and this must be done 21 days or prior to the members arrival date. A booking fee of R300 will be charged for changes made per reservation. The revised date(s) must be within the flexi members' anniversary cycle otherwise the member will forfeit their time should they not bank this with RCI. A reservation cannot be changed or cancelled should the member request a change to the reservation date 20 days or less prior to a members arrival date. Members may space bank this with RCI and request an exchange. The exchange fees are payable to RCI on confirmation of a successful exchange.
- Servicing of units is done Monday to Sunday. Upon check-in complimentary guest supplies are supplied as a starter pack only.
- Peak weeks are resort specific and must be used as designated by the annual calendar. Peak week modules cannot be transferred, converted or exchanged for a different peak week unless space banked with RCI within their terms and conditions.
- Unit requests can be made with the resort. Please note this request is not guaranteed.
PEAK WEEK MEMBERS
Confirm your Peak Week by contacting Sun International Central Reservations (CRO). The reservation confirmation letter will be posted, faxed or emailed to you. Retain the reservation confirmation letter to obtain entrance at the resort requested.
NB: Flexi members book at least 90 days prior to the end of your anniversary period. Peak week members contract CRO a minimum of 90 days prior to your peak week falling due, either to reserve your week or to reserve flexi space. Advance reservations will only be allowed provided that the subscription fee is paid up or that the debit order is current with no defaults.
HOW TO SPACE-BANK WITH RCI
1. Contact Sun Vacation Club between during Monday – Friday from 08h30 – 17h00:
- Email: email@example.com
- Central Reservations: +27 11 780 7800
- Fax: +27 11 780 7328
2. Quote your Sun Vacation Club membership number or alternatively your ID number when requesting to space bank your time.
3. Should your space bank request be approved, Sun Vacation Club will proceed with space banking your unused time and send the space bank letter directly to RCI on your behalf. Please note that annual levies must be paid in full prior should you wish to space your time with RCI. This includes future space banking requests.
4. RCI will notify you via SMS or email within 24 – 48 hours to confirm your space bank and the number of points allocated.
Things you need to know about spacebanking with RCI®
- It’s free to Spacebank with RCI®
- Levies must be paid before you Spacebank.
- If you own a Flexi or Floating week, ask your resort for allocation and request it to be sent to RCI®
- to be Spacebanked.
- You will receive trading points when you Spacebank your week/s.
- Your trading points can be used to Exchange for another holiday at a different resort.
- You can view your trading points by visiting RCI.co.za.
- Spacebank 180 days before your week starts for maximum trading points.
- You lose trading power if you do not Spacebank early.
- Spacebank via the call center or Online 24/7.
- If you Spacebank a week, you can add a waitlist against it.
- Spacebanks can be blocked or frozen if levies are not paid.
- Spacebanks are key to making the Exchange system work for you.
- You can travel up to 3 years after the start of your Spacebanked week.
- Once you Spacebank your week, you can let friends and family use it by purchasing a Guest Certificate.
- If you don’t want to go back to your own resort, always Spacebank your week.
- Keep track of your Spacebanks online or via the account statement emailed monthly.