Facilities & Activities at Sun City Resort
Facilities Specific to Sun Vacation Club
- Two solar-heated swimming pools
- Kiddies pool with slides
- Ocean Basket
- Soapy Bubbles self-service laundrette
- Direct pathway to the Valley of Waves
- Little Big Rock putt-putt course
- Putting green
- Magic Company electronic games
- ATM located at reception
- The Pantry (convenience store)
- Quench - The Liquor Boutique
A World of Adventure Awaits You at Sun City Resort
- Waterworld at the Cabanas offers you an array of wild water activities, including skiing, parasailing and cruising on a speedboat.
- The Big Five at the Pilanesberg Nature Reserve can be viewed from a hot air balloon safari, a game drive, a horseback safari or a hike with a game ranger.
- The Gametrackers Outdoor Adventure Centre offers activities in the Rustenberg region, including quad biking, clay pigeon shooting, archery, urban combat paintball, drumming and hot air ballooning.
- The Maze of the Lost City.
- World's longest Zipslide.
- Long John Silver Bumper Boats.
Children can explore and have fun with a range of holiday activities in Sun City specifically designed for them:
- Animal World is an educational and fun wildlife experience.
- The Entertainment Centre offers a large gaming arcade.
- Finders Keepers lets kids hunt for treasures in the scratch patch and sandpit.
- Kamp Kwena offers kids programmes throughout the year.
- The Kwena Gardens provide a crocodile sanctuary.
- An 18-hole mini golf course provides hours of fun.
- Mini quad biking lets kids become skilled riders.
- The Stimela train is a miniature train ride alongside the Waterworld lake.
A variety of sporting activities will keep you active or you could choose to relax at the Gary Player Health Spa.
Sun City Resort sports facilities include:
- The Gary Player Golf Course – home to the annual Nedbank Golf Challenge.
- The Lost City Golf Course - with crocodiles on the 13th hole.
- Swimming pools located at the Main Hotel and Cabanas (The Palace and Cascades hotel pools are for hotel residents only).
- Valley of Waves - a world-class water park with real waves.
- Waterworld - for wild water entertainment.
- Tennis Club - with eleven courts available of which five are floodlit.
Sun City Resort is home to exciting events and entertainment. The Superbowl is renowned for hosting the best in live entertainment while the Sun City Theatre provides a more relaxed environment where one can enjoy spectacular productions.
When it comes to tantalising tastebuds, you'll be spoilt for choice with the many restaurants and bars available. Ranging from fast food to traditional cuisines to 5-star fine dining, you're sure to discover something to your liking.
Located throughout the resort and next to each swimming pool the Sun City bars are a great place to enjoy a morning coffee, an afternoon cocktail or a nightcap while you drink in the stunning views.
The world-class casino offers a variety of slots and tables so you can make the most of your gaming experience. While a variety of shops offer a treasure trove of finds - from souvenirs, curios and ornaments to beachwear, leisure wear, surf wear and high street fashion to jewellery, accessories, handbags and footwear to gifts, toys, candy and a pharmacy.