Discovery Channel Promo Terms & Conditions
For the avoidance of doubt, Sun International is the promoter of this competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008.
Discovery Corporate Services Limited of Discovery House, Chiswick Park Building 2 London W4 5YB, United Kingdom, with Company number: 08597513 (“DCSL”), shall not be held liable for any loss, damages, cost or injuries as a result of any entrant's participation in the competition or the forfeiture of any prize(s). By entering this competition, entrants give consent to indemnify and hold harmless DCSL, its directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of participation in the competition and any related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses (if any) are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or willful misconduct of DCSL, its directors, employees and agents.
Acceptance of T&C's
- Book and stay at any Sun International participating hotel between 6 November 2017 and 28 February 2018 to stand a chance to own your very own piece of history. The participating hotels are: Boardwalk, Carnival City, Carousel, Golden Valley, GrandWest, The Maslow, Royal Sibaya & Sibaya Lodge, Cabanas, Cascades, Soho and The Palace, The Table Bay, Wild Coast Sun, Royal Swazi Spa and Lugogo Sun (“the Participating Hotels”).
- Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering the competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
Restriction to Entry
- Entry is open only to South African and African residents who are able to collect the prize at the end of the promotion at any of the Participating Hotels.
- Persons must be over the age of 18 and have a valid South African or African identity document in order to participate in the Competition.
- Competition entry is open only for telephonic bookings made via Sun International Contact Centre on +27 (0)11 780 7800 or at suninternational.com.
- This competition is closed to Sun International employees, service providers and concessionaires as well as their direct family, partners or dependents.
Duration of the promotion
- The Competition begins at 09h00 on 6 November 2017 and closes at 17h00 on 28 February 2018.
Method of entry
- Book and stay on BAR (Best Available Rate) at any of the Sun International Participating Hotels to be eligible for the draw for the Prize. The competition is applicable for
- Promotions code “SUNSTAR” to be quoted on reservation request in order to participate in the Competition. The reservation number will then be placed in the pool of reservation numbers eligible to participate in the draw.
- Only individuals who have travelled may qualify for the prize. Sun International has no control over communication networks and is also not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. Sun International is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) cost incurred.
- Entries not fully complying with these conditions of entry may be deemed invalid as may be determined by Sun International.
- Forty (40) winners will be selected by way of a random electronic draw.
- Winners will be notified via telephone and email on or before Friday, 09 March 2018.
- Details from all competition participants will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting this competition.
- By entering this competition, entrants consent to the use of their information for the purposes of this competition and consent to Sun International processing, retaining and storing such information.
- The prizes includes:
- A limited edition art piece comprising of an original section of the Robben Island prison fence, as well as
- A drawing of Nelson Mandela by renowned artist Marc Alexander.
Notification of winners
- The winners will be notified via telephone and email on 09, March 2018.
Awarding of Prizes
- Sun International will require the winner to provide valid proof of identify and proof of age when redeeming the prize. Sun International reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the validity of the identification provided..
Disqualification of entries
- Sun International may, in its sole discretion, disqualify an entrant, and prohibit further participation in this competition or any other competition held by Sun International if there is a suspicion that such persons tampered, or has indeed tampered with the completion process or benefited from any tampering with the competition process or acts in violation of these terms and conditions or acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person.
Changes of Prize Value
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If for any reason a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by Sun International, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that prize element. Sun International accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize or an element of a prize is unavailable for any reason, then Sun International may substitute for that prize or that element with another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Sun International.
- The prize must be claimed by 17h00 on 31 March 2018. If a prize remains unclaimed by that date and time, that winner's entry will be deemed invalid and Sun International reserves the right to select an alternate winner in order to distribute the prize not claimed.
Problems affecting competition
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Sun international, Sun international may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
- A copy of the Competition Rules is available upon request from the Central Reservations between 09h00 and 17h00, Monday – Friday or online at suninternational.com