Entertainment | 11 Feb 2020 | By Sun International
+LIVE+ to return to SA in November
The rockers are set to perform at Sun Arena, Time Square and Grand Arena, GrandWest later this year as part of their 25th Anniversary Throwing Copper Tour.
As one of the most successful and enduring alternative bands of the past 30 years, +LIVE+ are responsible for many iconic alternative rock hits, including Lightning Crashes, I Alone, Selling the Drama, The Dolphin’s Cry, Overcome and Heaven, and have shaped the musical landscape around the globe.
This tour sees +LIVE+ returning to the Grand Arena in Cape Town and the Sun Arena in Pretoria, almost 3 years to the day since they opened the latter venue with their sold-out Reunion Tour back in 2017.
Fans are in for a treat: promoter AMP Events are keeping prices unchanged from the sold-out 2017 concert. Tickets range from R495 to R795 and will go on sale on Thursday, 13 February at 9am via www.computicket.com. Limited VIP meet-and-greet packages are also available.
What every +Live+ fan should know
- The award-winning band is from Pennsylvania, USA, and consists of Ed Kowalczyk (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Chad Taylor (lead guitar, backing vocals), Patrick Dahlheimer (bass), and Chad Gracey (drums).
- They have sold 22 million albums worldwide.
- They have earned two number 1 albums, Throwing Copper (1994) and Secret Samadhi (1997).
- Their catalogue is filled with such gems as Lightning Crashes, I Alone, All Over You, and Lakini's Juice.
- Throwing Copper produced the band's biggest single, Lightning Crashes, which was #1 on the modern rock radio charts for 10 consecutive weeks.
- Throwing Copper reached #1 on the Billboard Top 200, eventually selling more than 10 million copies, with Rolling Stone honoring the album with placement on their "1994: The 40 Best Records From Mainstream Alternative's Greatest Year" list.
- Secret Samadhi immediately shot to #1 on the Billboard Top 200 and eventually went double-platinum.
- The release of the platinum-selling The Distance to Here (1999) turned +LIVE+ into an international powerhouse and saw them move up from arena- to stadium-fillers.
- In 2017, the band were the first international act to perform at Sun International's Sun Arena at Time Square, Pretoria.