May is the month to celebrate our wonderful mothers. Although many of you might not be able to spend this year with your families, there is nothing stopping you from showing the mothers in your life how much you love and appreciate her.
As a tribute to Mothers, we are inviting you to share your or your mother’s favourite recipe with us. If you are all whizzes in the kitchen and have several favourite recipes, share the one that holds the best memories and you could win a weekend at The Palace for two, where our Chef will prepare the dish for you.
In addition to the top prize, the 25 recipes our Chefs deem to be the best will be published and some of these could even become signature dishes in our restaurants!
To participate, simply email the recipe to email@example.com with the subject line RECIPE by 20 May 2020. Remember to include your Sun MVG account number, your name and a contact number.
Mother's Day Recipe Competition Terms and Conditions
- Sun International’s Mother’s Day Competition is promotional competition that is exclusive to all Sun MVG members and runs from 08 May to 20 May 2020. It is closed to any persons who are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the company or marketing service providers, or spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members. In addition, all Sun International employees are precluded from participation in the promotional competition.
- The prize is 2-night weekend stay at The Palace of the Lost City at Sun City (“The Palace”), valid for 6 months from date of issue of the prize and is inclusive of a standard room, breakfast for 2 adults and a dinner prepared by the Executive Chef of The Palace of the Lost City. The prize is redeemable during non-peak periods and is subject to availability. All other costs including, but not limited to, travel costs are excluded.
- The prize is not transferable and it cannot be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
- To enter the promotional competition, participants must submit their own or their mothers’ own favourite recipe complete with the cooking instructions. Recipes are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within the competition period.
- By participating, the participant confirms that he or she has accepted these rules. The participant also confirms that the owner of the recipe gives him or her consent to submit the recipe.
- The winning recipe will be prepared by the Executive Chef at The Palace as the dinner mentioned above for the winner and his or her partner.
- Only one entry per participant. Should more than one entry be received, the first entry will be considered. Participants who act outside of the fair spirit of the competition will be refused entry.
- Participants furthermore give consent to Sun International to utilize their personal information obtained through participation to further its legitimate business interests to the full extent permissible by law.
- To be eligible for participation, the participant must provide accurate, current and complete information failing which the entry will be disqualified.
- The prize winner will be determined on 25 May 2020. The participant who submitted the best recipe as determined by a panel of Sun International Executive Chefs will be deemed the winner. The prize winner must identify himself or herself by producing a government issued identification document when signing for receipt of the prize. The winner will be notified telephonically after 25 May 2020. The Executive Chefs will also select various other recipes to compile a recipe book. The participants of these recipes will be contacted for their consent to publish the recipes selected. The owners of the recipes will not be compensated in any way other than their names being published as the owners of the recipes. In addition, the winning recipe will be feature as a signature dish at a restaurant within the Sun International group, subject to the owner’s consent, also without any compensation.
- Sun International’s decision is final and binding.
- In the event that Sun International makes any indulgence or deviation of these rules in favour of Sun MVG members, then such indulgence or deviation shall not be misconstrued to be a breach or waiver of these rules or any rights of Sun International.
- Sun International reserves the right to terminate this promotional competition without prior notice.
- The above rules are severable from each other. In the event that any rule or part thereof is unenforceable in law, then that rule or part thereof shall be severed from these rules, and the surviving rules and parts thereof shall remain in force.