Attractions and Things to Do in Worcester
Golden Valley is the best kept secret in the Boland. This family-friendly destination offers loads of things to do in Worcester, from playing slots and table at the most intimate Casino in the Western Cape to enjoying regular live gaming entertainment and sports betting at our SunBet Sports Bar. Spend the day poolside at the Golden Valley Lodge with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains, or tuck into a delicious meal at the Kuipers restaurant.
Whether it's outdoor adventures or food and wine pairings, Golden Valley is the perfect spot from which to launch an exploration into the Western Cape. Some popular attractions and activities in Worcester include:
- Go on safari at nearby Big 5 Fairy Glen Private Game Reserve
- Visit the Karoo Desert National Botanical Gardens, famous for being the only true succulent gardens in the Southern Hemisphere
- Go back in time and explore the Kleinplasie Living Open-Air Museum to experience the lifestyle of the early Cape pioneer farmers
- Go river rafting on the Breede River
- Play a round of golf at the Gary Player-designed Worcester Golf Club
- Explore the Worcester wine route which forms part of Cape Route 62, the longest wine route in the world
- Take it slow and opt for a river cruise
- Visit Willow Creek Olive Estate for olive tastings
- Take a leisurely stroll down the tree-lined avenues of Worcester on a self-guided architecture tour
As the only venue bringing big South African name acts to the stage, one of the big attractions in Worcester is the live entertainment at Golden Valley’s Winners Sports Bar.
Round off your day with a visit to the Body Devine Spa at the Golden Valley Lodge.
+27 23 348 7315
The Convenience Store stocks essentials like tobacco products, sweets, snacks, newspapers, magazines and airtime.