Things to do and Where to Stay in Durban
Where to stay in Durban? With bragging rights to two World Heritage Sites and some of the most popular beaches in the country, it’s no wonder that KwaZulu-Natal is South Africa’s favourite holiday destination. The province’s dramatic mountains, rolling green hills and historical and cultural attractions form the perfect backdrop to a myriad adventure and leisure activities. And with a perennially warm climate, KwaZulu-Natal offers a year-round playground for local and international visitors alike, with plenty of things to do in Durban.
Explore KwaZulu-Natal to discover swampy forests and pristine ocean reefs at iSimangaliso Wetland Park, and San rock art as well as caving adventures at the uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park. History buffs will relish exploring the historical Battlefields region, while tourists in search of vibrant cultural experiences will discover the intriguing mix of KwaZulu-Natal’s Zulu, Indian and colonial influences.
Tapping into the heritage of KwaZulu-Natal, Sun International’s Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom is where to stay in Durban, offering gaming, entertainment and accommodation.
Enjoy views across the Indian Ocean from luxury suites and comfortable lodge rooms, or game in style at the main casino with an excellent selection of slot machines and table games. If you’re looking for things to do in Durban, dining and entertainment activities, Sibaya offers some of Durban’s top restaurants, serving local flavour and international cuisine, while theatre shows, movies and special events will keep you entertained. If you’re in need of some pampering, enjoy personalised treatments at the in-house Mangwanani Spa.
Only a few minutes away from King Shaka International Airport, Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom is the perfect launch pad from which to discover tourist attractions in Durban.
Things to do in Durban
Discover things to do in Durban with Sibaya
- With warm weather all year round, Durban offers the ultimate in relaxed outdoor activities. Also known as “Surf City”, Durban is famous for its bathing and surfing beaches, which stretch from the harbour in the south to the upmarket suburb of Umhlanga in the north.
- Take a stroll down the Golden Mile, an expansive paved promenade that offers access to the best of the city’s beaches and one of the most visited tourist attractions in Durban.
- Visit Durban’s striking Moses Mabhida Stadium, which offers Segway tours, a city-viewing SkyCar and bungee swing.
- uShaka Marine World is also on of the top tourist attractions in Durban. This world-class water park, aquarium and restaurant complex overlooks the ocean and offers hours of entertainment for the whole family.
- Foodies looking for things to do in Durban should head to the beachfront to taste the city’s famous curries, seafood and fusion cuisine.
- Thrill seekers are well catered for with a host of adventure activities in Durban, including deep-sea fishing charters, dolphin viewing, jet skiing, shark cage-diving, quad biking, scuba diving, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, and boat cruises.
- Half an hour inland from the city, the Valley of a Thousand Hills promises a taste of African culture, while further into the countryside the Midlands Meander features over 150 art-and-craft outlets for city-dwellers in search of fresh air and home-made fare.
Top things to do and KwaZulu-Natal attractions
Here are our top things to do and KwaZulu-Natal attractions near Sibaya Casino.
- Don't stop at the tourist attractions in Durban, discover the beaches, battle sites and heritage routes of the Dolphin Coast, which stretches from Zimbali to the Thukela River. Stop to explore the coastal towns of Ballito, Salt Rock, Umdloti and Zinkwazi, which offer up endless North Coast activities.
- Adrenaline junkies, visit Oribi Gorge. This deep gorge offers the world's highest bungee swing, as well as the world's highest natural commercial abseil.
- Discover the KwaZulu-Natal Battlefields on a guided tour.
- Explore the lakes, coastal forests, pristine beaches and underwater wonderlands of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park. Go fly-fishing in Kosi Bay, and diving in Sodwana Bay.
Still looking for things to do in Durban? Start by booking in at Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom - it’s where to stay in Durban when you want to explore the incredible tourist attractions in Durban and the greater KZN.