Things to do in Lesotho
Looking for accommodation in Lesotho? This landlocked country feels like a hidden world! The Mountain Kingdom, as it’s known, is a lofty hideaway that despite being culturally rich, safe and affordable, is often overlooked as a travel destination. Besides its mountainous landscapes, Lesotho tourist attractions include alpine villages, topographical extremes, friendly Basotho people, and adventure activities.
The AVANI Lesotho Hotel & Casino not only offers an intimate gaming experience and accommodation in Lesotho for visitors looking for things to do in Maseru, but provides the perfect base from which to launch your exploration.
Top Lesotho tourist attractions
- Among Lesotho's three national parks, the Bokong Nature Reserve enjoys the most breathtaking setting with views for miles. There are various walking, hiking and pony trekking trails on offer, which will take you from wetlands to rock shelters and waterfalls.
- Just outside of the capital of Maseru, Thaba-Bosiu is one of the most historically important Lesotho tourist attractions, this despite being a seemingly unassuming destination. Pop into the visitor's centre to book a guided walk to the summit. Be sure to visit the adjoining cultural village for a look into traditional Basotho village life.
- Lesotho's Ts'ehlanyane National Park is a ruggedly beautiful and remote tract of land, and includes one of Lesotho's only indigenous forests. Sehlabathebe National Park, Lesotho's most underrated national park, has landscapes of rolling grasslands, wildflowers and dramatic waterfalls. If you're a hiker, these parks are your ideal destinations.
- Visit the remote village of Malealea for breathtaking mountain scenery and excellent examples of San rock art.
- If you're looking for adventure activities in Lesotho, head to the tiny village of Semonkeng to go on the world's longest commercially operated, single-drop abseil down the Maletsunyane Falls.
- Lesotho tourist attractions include experiencing Basotho culture, and a traditional pony trek is a must-do. Book a guided trek from Bakong Nature Reserve to Ts'ehlanyane for some of Lesotho's most dramatic terrain. You can also book short overnight pony trekking excursions to some of Lesotho's main natural attractions, including the Ribaneng and Ketane Waterfalls, and Semonkong.
If you’re looking for accommodation in Lesotho, AVANI's Lesotho Hotel & Casino offers excellent dining and entertainment options, and is central to many Lesotho tourist attractions.
Sun International's Partner Hotels and Casino in Lesotho
AVANI Lesotho Hotel & Casino
Have comfort and convenience in the heart of Lesotho with AVANI Lesotho Hotel & Casino. It’s the perfect spot to mix business, entertainment, and leisure. Visit AVANI Lesotho Hotel & Casino Website.
AVANI Maseru Hotel
AVANI Maseru Hotel gives you that just right blend of comfort, style, and service in the heart of Lesotho’s growing capital city. Stay, play, and take care of business in style as you chill out by the pool, head out to explore the city, munch on tasty bites and snacks, or host an event in one of our flexible workspaces. Visit AVANI Maseru Hotel Website.