Sun International casinos offer coinless slots gaming by means of smart card technology. A smart card is a plastic card containing an electronic chip which stores specific information.
These handy cards eliminate the need to carry heaps of notes and piles of coins around making them safe, clean and secure. Browse through the card options below and find out how to enjoy smart card gaming with us at Sun International casinos.
MVG Smart Card
- A personalised card that is issued free to all guests who sign up to the Guest Most Valued Programme (MVG)
- Play is recorded and MVG points are awarded when playing on the slot machines and tables
- The MVG card can be used at all South African Sun International casinos, both for earning and redeeming MVG points
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) should be placed on your MVG smart card to further protect any cash redemption and all MVG transactions
- Most Valued Guests are encouraged to use their MVG card at all times to ensure that they receive the benefits, offers and rewards afforded to them.
General Smart Card
- This general card has no benefits attached and can only be used to play slot machines and tables games in the Sun International casino where it is issued
- A R20 deposit is levied for the use of the general smart card, which will be refunded to you on return of your card
Using Your Smart Card On Slots Machines
- Insert card - Chip facing forward, insert your card into the card reader on the right of the slot machine. A welcome message will be displayed as well as the total monetary value on your card. You're now ready to start playing!
- Load money - Once your smart card has registered, load money via the note acceptors attached to each slot machine which accept R10, R20, R50, R100 and R200 notes
- Get playing – If you have money on your smart card the slot machine will automatically load a preset amount onto the credit meter. The Autoplay feature allows you to continue playing without continuously pushing the "BET" button
- Moving away - Simply push the "CASH-OUT" button on the slot machine and all your credits will be loaded onto the card and the card will be ejected from the card reader
- Hot buttons - There are numbered buttons on the front of the slot machine card reader. Press the number, followed by the tick key for the appropriate action. To cancel the function, press the down arrow key:
- Displays the total monetary value on your smart card
- Displays the total MVG points available on the MVG card
- Specifies the number of credits to be transferred to the machine to play
- Starts Autoplay (not available on all machines)
- Stops Autoplay
- Automatically loads 100 credits to the machine, if available
- Automatically loads 500 credits to the machine, if available
- Indicates the status of credits played and credits won on a specific machine
- Cashes-out and ejects card
- Activates Smart Card settings – auto top-up, monetary value, points.
Using Your Smart Card at the Tables
You may load money onto your smart card at the Cash Desk and use your smart card at the tables to buy chips for your favourite game.
Smart Card Redemption
The Cash Desk offers facilities that include smart card redemption and they are able to cash out all or partial values off your smart card. Alternatively, Automated Cashier Machines are conveniently located around the casino floor which can perform a number of useful functions, including dispensing cash in the same way an ATM does (up to a maximum of R3,000 per day) from your smart card.
When you're ready to go home, simply insert your card into the Automated Cashier Machine, which will retain your general card and refund your deposit, or as an MVG, you can redeem your cash off your MVG smart card, up to the value of R3,000 per day.