- Sun International reserves the right to levy a charge to replace a lost MVG card.
- Sun International is not responsible for any loss of monies and/or MVG points resulting from a lost MVG card.
- Your MVG PIN remains your personal property, should you divulge your PIN to any other person, Sun International will not be liable for any loss that ensues.
- The MVG card remains the property of Sun International.
- The MVG card is not transferable to another person.
- Sun International reserves the right to change the conditions of membership at any time, including the programme rules and regulations, rewards and benefits, special offers, awards, points, expiry periods, rates at which points are earned, and participating casinos without prior notification.
- MVG cardholders must be over 18 years of age.
- MVG points are valid for a period of 12-months, after which time they expire. Forfeited points cannot be reclaimed.
- Membership is not open to Sun International employees or members of their immediate families.
- MVG points cannot be awarded retroactively.
- In the event of a dispute in respect to any of the conditions of membership, the decision of Sun International shall be binding on the MVG member.
- Due to monetary regulations, the Cash Desk is unable to transfer money in foreign currency – applicable at Gaborone Sun (Botswana), Federal Palace (Nigeria) and Monticello (Chile) casinos.
- All accommodation bookings are subject to availability, for one room per main cardholder to the maximum of 3 consecutive nights.
- Please note that guests will be required to present a valid MVG card and ID when checking into any Sun International hotel.
- The MVG Programme described is applicable to all Sun International’s South African Casinos.
- Sun International casinos in the other countries, Botswana, Chile, Namibia, Nigeria and Swaziland operate the MVG Programme independently to each other. However you can still enjoy the benefits afforded by the programme in these casinos.